- If you have any questions about our use of your personal data, please contact email@example.com. Any external links to other web sites are clearly identifiable as such, and we are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of these other websites.
Types of Information Collected
We retain two types of information:
- Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. This Non-Personal Data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses where they have been clipped or anonymised, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website.
- This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and may include your name, address, email address, user IP addresses and telephone number in circumstances where they have not been deleted, clipped or anonymised. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us.
Purposes for which we hold your Information
- Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information (through Google Analytics) such as the date and time of your visit, the pages you visit and your physical location when visiting them and other more specific details like your IP address, the links you click and the route you take through our website. We use the Non-Personal Data gathered from visitors to our website in a form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our website.
- We will process any Personal Data you provide to us for the following purposes:
- a) to provide you with information you have requested;
- b) to contact you if required in connection with your query or to respond to any communications you might send to us;
- c) to send you notification of Speech at Home Company Limited by Guarantee related News, Application, Changes, or Alerts.
Security of Your Data
- We use industry standard security measures to protect your information to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of any information in our control. As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure and no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we will take all reasonable steps using industry standard security measures and appropriate organisational measures to ensure that such information is kept as secure as possible.
Types of Information Retained
There are 3 main types of data which Speech at Home Company Limited by Guarantee retains:
- Clinical Data needed to provide a service - this is deleted/confidentially destroyed after 6 years from expiry of a licence for service granted under our Terms & Conditions.
- Financial Data from clients for billing – this is kept for 6 years to adhere to Revenue guidelines. Financial Data (including non-payment of bills) can be given to Revenue at Revenue’s request.
- Contact Data from referrals – this is kept for 6 years to allow processing of Financial Data if required – and may be retained for longer for safety, legal request, or child protection reasons.
All data to be deleted or destroyed is carried out under secure conditions.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
- Data security is of great importance to Speech at Home Company Limited by Guarantee and to protect your Data, we & our Online Payment Service Provider have put in place suitable encryption technology ("SSL" or "Secure Socket Layer" technology) which will be used by us and them to encode personal data that you send when placing an order through the Website. We may provide Non-Personal Data to third parties, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of our website. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit our website, the demographic breakdown of our community users of our website, or the activities that visitors to our website engage in while on our website. The third parties to whom we may provide this information may include potential or actual advertisers, providers of advertising services (including website tracking services), commercial partners, sponsors, licensees, researchers and other similar parties. We will not disclose your Personal Data to third parties unless you have consented to this disclosure or unless the third party is required to fulfil your order (in such circumstances, the third party is bound by similar data protection requirements. We will disclose your Personal Data if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.
Sale of Business
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances and subject to certain restrictions, in relation to your personal data:
- Right to access the data- You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data.
- Right to rectification- You have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete.
- Right to erasure- You have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten.
- Right to restriction of processing or to object to processing- You have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes.
- Right to data portability- You have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine readable format.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may occasionally update this policy. We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Queries and Complaints
If you have any queries or complaints in connection with our processing of your personal data, you can contact us at email@example.com.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Irish Data Protection Commission if you are not happy with the way we have used your information or addressed your rights. Details of how to lodge a complaint can be found on the Data Protection Commissioner website (www.dataprotection.ie) or call the Data Protection Commissioner at 353 (0)761 104 800.
Last updated: 28 April 2020